Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What my classmates think of the legal system

What do my classmates think of the legal system? When trying to find the answer to this question I found that the opinion varied from person to person. Each student’s background and upbringing forms and determines what he or she thinks about the legal system. In one example Crystal B. wrote, “The legal system sets up laws and if you break them you suffer the consequences. I feel that it offers a balance in the society. It has its fingers in everything that we do. I see it as a collar on a dog’s neck. The collar is used as a training tool that is used to keep the dog in line. You get a new dog and at first, he does not quite understand the rules of your house so naturally he just runs around doing whatever he wants until you establish what he can do and where he can go. He does not take you seriously until you get that collar out and once you do, the dog understands that you mean business.” I disagreed with her opinion. I believe she has not had the same experiences with the legal system that I have had. In another example Zenobia S. wrote “I think the legal system is unjust we live in a world where money rules everything even our judicial system. Such as here in America where we are celebrity obsessed. We let people like Paris Hilton drive drunken numerous times and the longest she gets in jail is a month. If that was any other person without money they would be looking at six months and no license.” I agreed with her statements one hundred percent. She sounds like someone who understands the legal system we live in. Lastly, I read another example from Andrew V. who said, “To me, the legal system is a wonderful way to determine the line between right and wrong. It also allows for repeat offenders to be removed from harming a society and or coning a society but at the same time though I find it to be a double standard kind of representation.” I agreed with this blog as well. I think he also has an understanding of our legal system, and I believe most of the students here at the AiLV do also.

No comments:

Post a Comment